Italian Community Services' independently funded, community based programs are a model for community service organizations nationwide. Our tagline "Preserving Our Culture, Serving our Community" sums up our mission, and sets the stage for engagement of our supporters, from young to old, from urban to suburban, from first second, third and even fifth and sixth generation Italian Americans, and those who are " Italian at heart".
OUR AGENCY ENVIRONMENT:
Located in Casa Fugazi, in the vibrant and diverse north east section of San Francisco, ICS attracts people from near and far who are interested in history, sustainability, and the future of programs that have helped individuals, families and the community for a century.
In an exciting period of development, ICS is increasing its efforts of outreach to additional avenues that will reach individuals who might not be familiar with, yet may benefit from ICS services. The Community Services and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for two general scopes of work. One will be coordinating individually tailored service plans for seniors so they can live independently in the community and follow each case making necessary coordination adjustments. The other will be developing partnerships with government, clinical, social service and medical providers that assist seniors so they can live safely in the community.
The CS/OR Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the best practices that support the pillars of the Agency mission of being a trusted resource to individuals, families and the community. The CS/OR Coordinator will work with San Francisco Department of Aging and Adult Services' Adult Protective Services and Public Guardian, OnLok Lifeways, Institute on Aging, Lutheran Care, Catholic Charities, Senior Centers, Hospital Social Workers and Discharge Planners, Physicians, newly emerging service providers and family members.
1. Translation: Italian English translation for clients and senior activity participants.
2. Oversight of clients: Monitor client needs by doing home visits and making contact by telephone then adjusting continuum of services as necessary; includes assessment, intake, followup and service coordination in collaboration with social service and clinical service providers. The CS/OR Coordinator will visit clients in hospitals, board and care facilities, and skilled nursing facilities, when necessary, to monitor progress.
3. Information and Referrals: Research and provide relevant information to any inquiry coming to ICS.
4. Consumer cultivation: foster cultivation through collaboration with fellow service providers on initiatives that will lead to refrrals to ICS.
5. Advocacy: Advocate for clients who need support.
6. Collaboration: Maintain ongoing conversation with Projects and Volunteer Coordinator regarding status of clients and seniors who attend activities, vistors to ICS and people who contact ICS by email and telephone. Participates in Agency activities scheduled by Projects Coordinator and/or Executive Director as needed.
7. Newsletter: Write success stories for biannual newsletter
8. Additional Duties: As assigned by Executive Director.
B.A. or B.S. from accredited U.S. University.
Fluent Italian English
Proficient in Word and Excel
Excellent verbal, writing, interpersonal and organization skills
Proficient presentation/public speaking skills
Professional appearance and demeanor
Personal automobile, current CDL and current auto insurance
Demonstrated success at multitask organization responsibilities
Demonstrated success at productive time management
Demonstrated experience in writing and verbal Italian and English skills
Salary plus benefits
Tuesday through Friday position
If interested, please send resume with cover letter to Anna Maria Pierini at firstname.lastname@example.org