La Scuola di Lingua e Cultura Italiana is a non-profit educational organization founded in 1970 by Italian-Americans in the San Francisco Bay Area. Originally established to educate children of Italian immigrants and persons of Italian descent, the school now attracts students of diverse ethnic backgrounds including business-oriented individuals and vacation travelers interested in learning about Italy, the Italian language, and culture.
We love what we do and are looking for a positive and proactive individual to join our team and be responsible for the general administration and management of La Scuola. Specific duties include managing the school activities and interacting with teachers and students, planing cultural events and parties, managing students enrollment, ordering books and resources. This is a part-time volunteer position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Managing Saturday morning operations (9am – 1pm) during the two class semesters (September-December and January-April)
- Managing student enrollment and classroom scheduling
- Maintaining relationships and close liaison with students and staff, as well as with the board of directors, the Baden school principal and administration, and various Italian organizations
- Reviewing and overseeing the preparation and distribution of promotional materials including, flyers, correspondence, brochures and website content for the purpose of providing information, attracting registration, and community participation
- Planning and evaluating the utilization of equipment, as well as ordering books and basic school supplies
- Supporting the staff in the enhancement of services offered to students
- Supporting the board in the planning and organization of cultural events, as well as with fund raising activities
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Passion for the Italian language and culture. Ability to speak and write Italian a big plus
- Familiarity with international education
- Knowledge of principles and practice of effective administrative planning and management
- Experience in public contacts demonstrating skills in respectful and sensitive communication with people who are diverse in culture, language groups, abilities, lifestyle and backgrounds. Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic background of students
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Experience utilizing office tools including computers and printers
For an interview please respond via email at email@example.com explaining why you are qualified for the job and are the perfect fit for La Scuola. We look forward to hearing form you!
Volunteers are the heart of La Scuola di Lingua e Cultura Italiana. If you or someone you know are interested please come meet new friends and make a difference in our Italian community today! Check out our website at http://italianclasses.com.