Great opportunity for highly-qualified software people! Help drive the VC funded U.S. expansion of a fast-growing tech firm that has developed a proven real-time content delivery platform for new-media players in Europe.
Neodata helps movers and shakers compete in the new digital market by offering ad-serving technologies, personalized news delivery and text/data-mining for online news publishers as well as advanced data analysis and business intelligence. Existing clients include Italy’s largest online newspaper La Repubblica as well as the Italian Public TV (RAI) and the second largest television media group (Mediaset). Neodata is also active in scientific research and collaborates on many research projects with major Universities including UCLA.
Read more about us at www.neodatagroup.com
What we need from you-
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
* Knowledge of web services (Apache/Tomcat)
* Strong knowledge about Python
* Good knowledge of Java and JSP
* SQL and relational database queries/structures/functions with focus on Postgres (IBM-DB2 is a plus)
* Experience administrating UNIX/Linux environments, SSH/SCP and version control systems, bash scripting
* Experience implementing and supporting complex data-driven websites is a plus
* Experience with Hadoop, Infobright, MongoDB, Perl is a plus
* Good technical, analytical and communication skills In addition, you must be a quick learner and prepared to work on your own initiative as well as part of our small, multi-tasking development team. You should display good technical, analytical and communication skills and deliver before deadline. A sense of humour would help!
What we can offer -
* Full-time work to start immediately (Jan. 2012).
* Offices in a creative environment in Santa Monica, California
* Frequent trips to Italian offices
* The chance to flourish for the right people
* Stock option participation plan
Please, contact me directly at: email@example.com